Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Knitted Cakes

Knitted Cakes by Susan Penny
One of my dear quirky friends bought this little book for me, on a whim.   I think perhaps it was sometime last year, but I can't quite remember (not that it matters).


Twenty (only twenty?) knitted little morsels of fibre and fluff, that *almost* look like the real thing.   Except that they're not.   But they could be.   Imagine a selection of these perpetual delights sitting forever under a glass dome .   One may never have to bake again!

Chocolate Gateau

Iced Doughnuts

Raspberry Heart Cake
And Pink Cupcake with a Cherry on Top! Ta da!

I knitted this one up a while ago, and just discovered it in a basket of [many] unfinished things. 


So, I've whipped it together with leftover yarn and made a little crochet cherry.   It's a bit wonky, like handmade things are wont to be, but it will suffice for a pretend cupcake.

I'm still working away at my baby quilt, but cupcake craftery has been a quick little diversion, and another unfinished thing Finished!

Work (the paid variety) beckons again tomorrow, but I'll be back into the studio by the end of the week.

Happy cupcakes,

Evie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave me a comment, (just a line or two will do), then I will get back to you, and that would be like having a bit of a chat (and that's always nice). :)